Check out the items in my Etsy store

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Busy (but enjoyable!) week.



It's been a busy week for me since Thanksgiving. I had the week off from my day job as a computer support technician on my employers helpdesk, so I engaged myself in something I love doing even more than help people with computer problems - creating new items of beauty and function in the woodshop!

The results of my time spent creating has been satisfying, to say the least. And hopefully the productivity of doing what I love will prove profitable as well!

What I ended up with after a week of work (if you can call it that, when you enjoy it) is five click pens (3 for a special order), two large rollerball pens, two fountain pens, two medium sized rolerball pens, two pen and pencil sets, a letter opener and a magnifying glass (shhh, those last two are a Christmas present, matching a set of pens I gave for Christmas last year). 17 items turned in all! I'm pattying myself on the back and thinking I did OK for a beginner...

With those done, I have to spend some time taking photos of the individual pens so I can get them all listed for sale this weekend. Then I have a non-woodworking project to finish up and finally it's back to work at the day job next week. Although it's not what most people think of when they think of a vacation, I think it's been great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

A Comparison

A Comparison
Various Pen styles and their comparitive sizes